- June 2021
- March 2021
Caramel Apple Rosette Skillet Blondies 🌹 🍎 💛
Mar 29, 2021
- 3-5 apples, we used Braeburn apple to make red roses
- apple juice/water- enough to fill bottom of small pan or pot
- lemon juice
- cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, ginger allspice (any or all)
- light coloured fruit jelly of choice- apple, ginger, apricot, marmalade
- jar of salted caramel spread
- Secret Kiwi Kitchen Blondie Mix
Prepare Secret Kiwi Kitchen Blondie Mix as directed in the instructions and pour batter into a greased cast iron skillet or pan of choice. We used our favourite cast iron skillet* in place of a baking pan.
Next spread a fine coat of caramel sauce over the top of blondie mix. Pre-bake blondies for 10 minutes. Leave to cool while prepping apples.
Slice apples into thin slices (we used a mandoline).
Bring a pan of water or apple juice to a boil adding a squeeze of lemon and baking spices. The lemon will prevent the apple slices from turning brown and will turn the colour of the apple skins into beautiful variegated bouquet of colour. Add sliced apples for 1-2 minutes. They should be slightly soft, but not breaking. Strain apples and place apple slices onto clean dish towel. Pat dry.
Place the apple slices overlapping slightly on a cutting board. Cut in half, then slowly roll up into rose buds. Place buds over the entire surface of the brownie pan.
Once all roses have been added to the skillet pan, heat in a small pan some jelly and add baking spices to taste. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the rosettes to glaze before baking. Place skillet in oven and bake until until rosettes and blondie mix are cooked through, approximately 20-25 minutes.
Serve with icecream.
* Our go to favourite cast iron pan is IronClad Co's Legacy pan.