🌶️🔥 Refill Pack for Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit - Spice Up Your Creations! 🔥🌶️
Looking to replenish your hot sauce-making adventure? Our Refill Pack for the Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit is here to keep the fiery fun going! This refill includes the Secret Spice Master Mix and an assortment of gourmet dried chilli peppers - Habanero, Guajillo, Pasilla Negro, and Tianjin. Get ready to elevate your dishes with your very own personalized hot sauces! Easy Refill: Restock your hot sauce-making essentials without the need to repurchase the entire kit. A convenient and cost-effective way to keep the spice alive!
Refill Pack includes:
🌶️ Secret Spice Master Mix: Our signature blend of spices adds depth and flavor to your hot sauces. Craft a base that's packed with deliciousness, ready to take on your unique twists.
Use our Secret Spice Master Mix to create your own homemade hot sauce by simply combining it with your choice of chilies and following our easy-to-follow directions. The result? A flavorful hot sauce that will tantalize your taste buds.
Not just for hot sauces, our Secret Spice Master Mix can also be used to enhance the flavours of your BBQ, sauces, or sprinkled into tomato sauce for that extra zing. The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients: ground red pepper, garlic powder, sugar, oregano, cinnamon, tomato powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, xanthan gum, citric acid, and salt
100g pouch plastic pouch.
🌶️ Gourmet Dried Chilli Peppers: This refill pack features a selection of top-quality dried chillies, adding the perfect amount of heat to your sauces. Experiment with different combinations and unleash your creativity!
4 kinds of dried chillis: Habanero, Guadjillo, Pasilla Negro, Tianjin. 50g pack.
100% all-natural ingredients
Store in a cool dark place
Directions for making Hot Sauce:
Step 1- Prep & Roast
1. Remove the stem from your dried chillis (we like to use a combo of: guajillo, habanero, tianjin and pasilla negro- approx 1 1/2c) by pinching it off or cutting and discarding it.
2. The chillis can remain whole and don’t need to be cut or diced. It is also fine to leave the seeds inside the chillis – you will be straining the sauce in a later step.
3. Place a medium saucepan on low heat and add all of the de-stemmed chillis to the dry pan (no oil needed).
4. Dry-roast the chillis by stirring them frequently over low heat for 1-2 minutes. They will begin to produce a strong aroma – this is perfect! Be careful not to overcook (blacken) them or they will become bitter.
5. Remove from heat when the chillis become pliable, but before they start to brown. Chillis can go from perfect to burnt very quickly, so stay vigilant.
Step 2- Season & Cook
Next, we will bring all the ingredients together and hydrate the chillis.
1. Add 560 ml (2 ¼ cups) of water, 190 ml (¾ cup) of white, malt, or apple cider vinegar, and the entire pouch of Secret Spice Master Mix to the saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring the uncovered mixture slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat once it starts to bubble. 3. Cover with a lid, and let cool completely to allow the peppers to absorb the liquid and soften.
Step 3- Blend
Blending Hot liquid in a blender can be dangerous, so make sure the sauce has had time to completely cool before you blend!
1. Transfer the mixture to a blender with a lid and process at high speed until it is smooth, approx 2-5 minutes - depending on your blender. Blend until you have a medium consistency that flows well. Adjust by adding a small amount of water if needed. Some seeds will remain unblended. This is OK, as you will strain the sauce next.
Step 4- Strain
1. Pass the mixture through the strainer into a clean bowl. Use a spoon to stir and press the liquid through the mesh. Add a splash of water to the bottom of the blender to make sure to get all the sauce out.
2. If you prefer a more rustic style, you can return a small amount of the strained solids back into the sauce. The solids can also be used as a chilli paste that works great as a marinade or spice rub for your next BBQ. Keep them in a small jar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil mixed in and save for later.
Step 5- Bottle
You now have enough sauce to fill 4 x 150ml bottles! Give it a taste to make sure it's how you like it. You can adjust the acidity by adding a splash more vinegar or lemon/lime juice. You may also want to add additional salt, or a bit of honey or sugar to sweeten it to your liking.
1. Using the funnel provided, pour the sauce into each bottle and secure the cap.
2. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.